The First and Only FDA-Approved Enalapril Powder for Oral Solution
From Silvergate Pharmaceuticals, delivering high-quality medications developed specifically for pediatric patients
Epaned Oral Solution 1mg/mL (Ready-To-Use) replaces Epaned Powder for Oral Solution 1mg/mL
EPANED POWDER FOR ORAL SOLUTION IS FDA APPROVED
EPANED is a prescription medicine for the:
- treatment of high blood pressure in adults and children over 1 month of age.
- treatment of symptomatic heart failure.
- treatment of asymptomatic left ventricular dysfunction, to decrease the rate of development of overt heart failure and reduce hospitalization for heart failure.
It’s the first and only FDA-approved powder for a liquid form of a medicine called enalapril. Because it’s FDA approved, you can be sure it’s a high-quality product.
It’s easy to get Epaned
- Epaned is available at over 60,000 pharmacies, including your neighborhood pharmacy. Epaned Oral Solution 1mg/mL (Ready-To-Use) replaces Epaned Powder for Oral Solution 1mg/mL.
- Epaned can also be shipped directly to your home at no extra charge. Ask your doctor to call (1-844-472-2032) for additional information.
EPANED DOSING INFORMATION
Taking Reconstituted Epaned Powder for Oral Solution, 1mg/mL
Your doctor will tell you how much Epaned you or the patient should take. Do not change the dose of Epaned unless your doctor tells you to.
- Epaned should be taken at the same time every day.
- Always carefully measure the prescribed dose of Epaned before you or the patient takes it.
- Make sure that you or the patient swallows the entire dose of Epaned.
- If you have questions about Epaned, ask your doctor or your pharmacist.
- Consult your doctor before making any changes to the medication.
- Keep this and all medications out of the reach of children.
Missed a dose of Epaned?
If you or the patient misses a dose of Epaned, the next dose should be taken at the regular time. Use the normal amount. Do not use more medicine than your doctor has prescribed.
PATIENTS PAY NO MORE THAN $30 FOR EPANED*
If you have commercial insurance, you’ll pay no more than $30 for your prescription, up to $175, with the Epaned co-pay programs. The automatic savings is instantly applied to your co-pay at the pharmacy. It’s completely paperless, so there are no cards, coupons, or forms.
For eVoucherRx™ questions, please call: 800‐388‐2316 Relay Pharmacy Help Desk/Customer Support.* Or to see a list of participating pharmacies for eVoucherRx, visit http://evoucherrx.relayhealth.com/storelookup
For Voucher On Demand™ questions, please call: 866-379-6389 Help Desk/Customer Support.*
*See Epaned eligibility restrictions, terms, and conditions below.
How do I use the Epaned co-pay programs?
It’s easy. You don’t need any cards or coupons. Take your Epaned prescription to one of many participating pharmacies nationwide. When you pick up your prescription, you’ll get an automatic co-pay reduction that ensures you’ll pay no more than $30 for Epaned if your copay is $175 or less.
How much money will I save?
Qualifying patients will pay no more than $30 for a Epaned prescription up to $175. Your savings depends on the amount of your co‐pay above $30.*
*ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS
By participating in this savings program, participants understand and agree that the information provided, as well as non-personally identifiable information obtained from the pharmacy, will be shared with the manufacturer and with any companies working with the manufacturer. Participants also affirm that they will not submit, and have not had submitted on their behalf, a claim for reimbursement or coverage for items purchased with this card under Medicaid, Medicare, TRICARE, or any other federal or state government healthcare program, or where prohibited by state law.
- Offer applies to out‐of‐pocket expenses (co‐pay) greater than $30. Out‐of‐pocket expenses greater than $30 will be covered up to $175 per prescription. If your total out‐of‐pocket cost exceeds $175, you will be responsible for a $30 co‐pay plus any additional amount over $175. If your co‐pay is already $30 or less, this offer does not apply.
- Offer applies only to Epaned Powder for Oral Solution patients and associated refills.
- This offer is not valid for prescriptions paid in part or in full by any federally or state‐funded program, including but not limited to Medicaid, Medicare, Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense, or TRICARE, and where prohibited by law.
- For questions about eVoucherRx™, please call: 800‐388‐2316 Relay Pharmacy Help Desk/Customer Support.
- For questions about Voucher On Demand™, please call: 866‐379‐6389 Change Healthcare Help Desk/Customer Support.
- This savings program cannot be combined with any other coupon, certificate, voucher, or similar offer.
- Offer good only in the USA at participating retail pharmacies and cannot be redeemed at government‐subsidized clinics. Void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited by law.
- Offer not extended to clubs, groups, or organizations.
- Participation in this program must comply with all applicable laws and contractual or other obligations as a pharmacy provider.
- This is not an insurance program.
- Participating patients and pharmacists understand and agree to comply with the Terms and Conditions of this offer as set forth herein.
- Any step‐edits or prior authorizations required by the insurance plan still apply.
- Silvergate Pharmaceuticals, Inc. reserves the right to modify or cancel this program at any time.
- eVoucherRx™ and Voucher On Demand™ are not extended on prescriptions for patients:
- who are cash‐paying customers.
- using institution-based pharmacies to fill their prescriptions, or who are recipients of federal or state government health care.
- who are filling their prescriptions at nonparticipating pharmacies.
eVoucherRx™ is a trademark of RelayHealth.
Voucher On Demand™ is a trademark of Change Healthcare.
Important Safety Information
WARNING: FETAL TOXICITY
See full Prescribing Information for complete boxed warning.
- When pregnancy is detected, discontinue EPANED as soon as possible.
- Drugs that act directly on the renin-angiotensin system can cause injury and death to the developing fetus.
Epaned® (Enalapril Maleate Powder for Oral Solution) is an angiotensln-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor indicated for the:
- treatment of high blood pressure in adults and children older than 1 month, to lower blood pressure. Lowering blood pressure reduces the risk of fatal and nonfatal cardiovascular events such as strokes and myocardial infarctions (heart attacks).
- treatment of symptomatic heart failure.
- treatment of asymptomatic left ventricular dysfunction, to decrease the development of overt heart failure and reduce hospitalization for heart failure.
Control of high blood pressure should be part of a complete cardiovascular risk management program. This program may also include lipid (cholesterol) control, diabetes management, antithrombotic (antistroke) therapy, exercise, quitting smoking, and limiting salt in the diet.
Many patients will require more than one drug to achieve blood pressure goals.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Epaned® (Enalapril Maleate Powder for Oral Solution) should not be used during pregnancy. Taking Epaned during pregnancy can harm the unborn child. Stop taking Epaned as soon as possible if pregnancy is detected.
Before you or your patient takes Epaned, tell the doctor if you or your patient has kidney, liver or heart disease, or diabetes or is on dialysis.
You or your patient should not use this medication if you or your patient is allergic to enalapril or similar medicines such as: benazepril (Lotensin®), captopril (Capoten®, Capozide® ), fosinoprll (Monopril®), lisinopril (Prinivil®, Prinzide®, Zestoretic®, Zestril®), moexipril (Univasc®, Uniretic®), perindopril (Aceon®), quinapril (Accupril®), ramipril (Altace®), trandolapril (Mavik®, Tarka®), and others.
If you or your patient has any of the following serious side effects at any time during treatment, call the doctor right away:
- swelling of face, lips, tongue, throat, hands or feet;
- difficulty swallowing or breathing; or
- yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Do not take or give your patient Epaned if there is a history of swelling of the face, lips, tongue, throat, hands, or feet (angioedema). Angioedema may occur at any time during treatment with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, including Epaned. If this occurs, discontinue Epaned and call the doctor.
Do not take or give your patient Epaned if there is a known allergy to enalapril or any of the ingredients in Epaned.
If you or your patient is dehydrated or is taking a diuretic medicine, or has compromised kidney function, talk to the doctor before taking Epaned.
If you or your patient has diabetes or renal impairment, Epaned should not be taken with aliskiren (Amturnide®, Tekamlo®, Tekturna®, Valturna®).
Epaned may cause side effects.
Call your doctor if you or your patient shows any of these symptoms: tiredness, weakness, upset stomach, cough, or skin rash.
If you or your patient faints or feels lightheaded, especially during the first few days of treatment, discontinue taking or giving Epaned until you have talked with the doctor.
Epaned can cause symptomatic low blood pressure (hypotension). Conditions that may cause very low blood pressure include: vomiting, diarrhea, heavy sweating, heart disease, dialysis, a low-salt diet, or taking diuretics (water pills). If you or your patient has a prolonged illness that causes diarrhea or vomiting, tell the doctor.
If you or your patient needs surgery, tell the surgeon ahead of time that you or your patient is taking Epaned. The surgeon may recommend that Epaned be discontinued for a short time.
Tell the doctor about all other medicines you or your patient uses, including potassium supplements and/or potassium-containing salt substitutes, all prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and supplements.
If you or your patient is currently taking a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), such as aspirin, ibuprofen or naproxen, talk to the doctor before taking or giving Epaned.
Changes in kidney (renal) function, including acute renal failure, can be caused by Epaned. Your kidney function or your patient’s kidney function should be monitored by the doctor.
Epaned is not recommended in neonates (i.e., infants 1 month of age or less), preterm infants who have not reached a corrected post-conception age of 44 weeks, and in pediatric patients with a glomerular filtration rate less than 30 mL/min/1.73 m2.
Women should not breastfeed during treatment with Epaned.
These are not all the possible side effects of Epaned.
Your doctor or your patient’s doctor is the best source of advice about side effects. Call the doctor immediately if you or your patient has any side effects that concern you or do not go away.
Your blood pressure or your patient’s blood pressure will need to be checked often. In addition, serum potassium levels and renal function will need to be monitored.
Make sure you or your patient visits the doctor regularly.
To report SUSPECTED ADVERSE REACTIONS, contact Silvergate Pharmaceuticals at 1-855-379-0383, or FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/MedWatch.
*See ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS.